These Turkey and Kale Stuffed Shiitake Mushrooms are loaded with taste, high in protein, and half the work of your common packed mushrooms.
- Shiitake mushrooms, cleaned up and stems gotten rid of (any size, however medium/large caps work best)
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 1/2 cup sweet onion, diced
- 1/2 cup Celery, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup shiitake mushrooms (extra from caps)
- 1 cup Kale, carefully sliced
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire
- Oil and cayenne
- 2 tablespoons newly grated Asiago cheese
- In a frying pan on medium heat sautée onions, celery, garlic, and diced shiitakes for 3 minutes.
- Include turkey. Prepare till practically all the pink color is gone.
- Include kale and 2 tablespoons Worcestershire. Permit kale to wilt.
- Location shiitake caps on a lined baking sheet. Gently coat with oil. Dust both sides with Cayenne pepper.
- Spoon turkey/kale mix onto ready mushroom caps.
- Location caps in preheated oven (350 degrees). Prepare for 6 minutes.
- Include cheese. Prepare for 5-6 more minutes.
- Serve warm.
Note: I utilized 8 medium/large caps and had additional turkey mix for leftovers. Usage just enough cheese to taste to keep it low calorie.