Roasted butternut squash, brussels sprouts and apples all tossed together with fresh herbs, sliced pecans and sprinkled with a scrumptious maple dijon glaze! The ideal side meal to your vacation meal!
I enjoy all things fall, specifically transitioning to all that tasty seasonal fruit and vegetables! Among my preferred fall staples by far is butternut squash. Not just is it so flexible (provide me ALL the butternut squash soups), it simply makes your kitchen area odor so dang excellent! Combine it with roasted brussels sprouts and tender apples and you have actually got tasty excellence! This dish is ideal for the vacations or actually any provided night of the week. We roast veggies in our home several times a week and I simply enjoy how basic this is to throw up.
This maple glazed butternut squash and brussels sprouts is the ideal mix of mouthwatering and sweet, however it’s likewise a scrumptious healthy alternative too that makes it such an excellent vacation side meal to assist cancel all your preferred indulgent foods I made this for a Friendsgiving a couple of years back and it was an overall hit, so I simply needed to share it with you people!
COMPONENTS YOU’LL REQUIREMENT
- Butternut squash— I definitely enjoy roasting butternut squash since it caramelizes so wonderfully and constantly comes out completely tender that you wish to consume it straight off the pan! You might likewise utilize sweet potatoes or perhaps cubed pumpkin in this dish.
- Brussels sprouts— another among my preferred seasonal veggies since they taste remarkable with all these fall tastes! If you’re not a fan of brussels sprouts, do not hesitate to utilize broccoli, asparagus or perhaps cauliflower.
- Apples— I utilized green granny smith apples for these, however any apples will work! I like to keep the peel on when slicing them, however this is simply my individual choice.
- Shallots— I simply LIKE the taste of roasted shallots so I included them in with these veggies, however red or white onion would work terrific too.
- Olive oil— this assists highlight all that tasty roasted taste and offers the veggies a great golden color. Olive oil is likewise essential to keep the veggies from burning or drying.
- Pecans— you might likewise utilize walnuts, cashews or perhaps pine nuts. I enjoy the included crunch it offers!
- Maple syrup— this includes the ideal quantity of sweet taste to the meal while drawing out the remarkable tastes of the fruit and vegetables. If you do not have maple syrup, you might constantly utilize honey or attempt a mix of both!
- Dijon mustard— included for a lot more taste
- Fresh herbs— I utilized a mix of fresh thyme, rosemary and sage, however you can utilize dried herbs also. I simply constantly believe fresh is finest!
- Cinnamon— simply a pinch of cinnamon goes a long method and tastes extraordinary with all these fall tastes!
Other methods you can dress this meal up is by including bacon (10/10 suggest!) for a lot more taste, or include some dried cranberries to include more sweet taste and color! I constantly enjoy including cranberries if functioning as a vacation meal merely since it looks so joyful and vibrant.
HOW TO CUT BUTTERNUT SQUASH
- Start by cutting off the bottom part of the squash. This assists support the squash so you can begin peeling it. Ensure to have an excellent veggie peeler and work your method below the stem. Butternut squash skin is thin and smooth so this is actually simple to do!
- Next cut off the stem and slice your squash in half longways utilizing a sharp chef’s knife If your squash is actually thick and tough to cut, you can simply pop it in the microwave or oven to warm it up for a couple of minutes to make it much easier to slice through. Then simply dig all the seeds and stringy parts utilizing a spoon.
- Lay your halves cut side down on a cutting board and slices the squash into 1-inch cubes. You’ll desire them to be as close in size as possible so that the squash cooks uniformly. Which’s it!
ROASTING VEGGIES AND FRUIT
So now that your butternut squash is sliced and you have actually sliced your brussels sprouts, apples and shallots, it’s time to roast whatever in the oven! Top place whatever in a big bowl (other than the apples since you’ll include these midway through) and drizzle with olive oil. Then include all your fresh herbs and toss together. Ensure to utilize a great strong baking sheet (I enjoy these ones, specifically for sheet pan meals!) and line with foil or spray with nonstick cooking spray. Then expanded all the veggies in an even layer onto the sheet pan (you might even require to utilize 2 pans so that they do not overcrowd) and season with salt and pepper. Appear the oven and roast for 15 minutes.
After 15 minutes, include your sliced apples and toss together with the veggies. I like to include the apples midway through since they tend to get actually mushy if roasted for too long. Pop whatever back in the oven and roast for an extra 15 minutes till the veggies have a great color and hurt. Toss with sliced pecans, extra herbs and drizzle with the maple dijon glaze!
HOW TO MAKE THE MAPLE GLAZE
This is absolutely my preferred part of this meal! While the veggies are ending up roasting, integrate the maple syrup, dijon mustard, fresh thyme and pinch of cinnamon in a little pan and give a simmer over medium heat. Minimize heat to medium-low and let the the sauce simmer for about 5 to 6 minutes till the mix has actually thickened and minimized. Super basic best?! Then simply drizzle or brush the maple glaze over the veggies and pecans and delight in!
If you do not have maple syrup on hand or simply do not care for the taste of it, honey works terrific in this dish also. I have actually likewise made this utilizing a mix of both honey and maple syrup and it tastes remarkable! You can likewise include a little balsamic vinegar to the mix also for more robust taste.
MORE VACATION SIDE CUISINE TO ENJOY
These meals are all extremely basic to make and would be ideal addition your vacation menu!
Hope you all enjoy this Maple Glazed Butternut Squash and Brussels Sprouts and if you enjoy them as much as we do, please leave me a luxury ranking listed below and do not forget to tag me on Instagram utilizing the hashtag #eatyourselfskinny! I enjoy seeing all your tasty leisures!
- Preparation Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Overall Time: 40 minutes
- 1 1/2 pound butternut squash, cut into 1– inch cubes
- 1 pound brussels sprouts, ends trimmed and cut in half lengthwise
- 2 shallots, sliced
- 2 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tsp fresh thyme
- 1 tsp fresh rosemary
- 1/2 tsp fresh sage
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 apples, cored and sliced into 1-inch cubes (I utilized Granny Smith apples)
- 1/4 cup sliced pecans
For the maple glaze:
- 3 Tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 Tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp fresh thyme
- Pinch of cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- In a big bowl, toss together butternut squash, brussels sprouts, and shallots with olive oil then include thyme, rosemary and sage, blending till uniformly integrated. Spread veggies out in an even layer on a sheet pan lined with foil or covered with nonstick spray, making certain not to overcrowd the veggies. You can likewise utilize 2 sheet pans if required.
- Location sheet pan in the oven and roast for 15 minutes. Eliminate the pan and include sliced apples, tossing together with the veggies. Location sheet pan back in the oven and roast for an extra 15 minutes, till veggies have a great golden color and hurt.
- While the veggies roast in the oven, you can make the maple glaze. In a little pan over medium heat, integrate maple syrup, Dijon mustard, fresh thyme and cinnamon and give a simmer. Minimize heat to medium-low and continuing to simmer for 5 to 6 minutes till sauce has actually thickened and minimized.
- Transfer roasted veggies and apples to a serving meal, toss with sliced pecans and drizzle with the maple glaze. Serve and delight in!
- Serving Size: 1/6th of dish
- Calories: 222
- Sugar: 166 g
- Salt: 1919 mg
- Fat: 8.3 g
- Hydrogenated Fat: 1.1 g
- Carbohydrates: 491 g
- Fiber: 7.1 g
- Protein: 6.3 g
* Please keep in mind that all nutrition details are simply quotes. Worths will differ amongst brand names, so we motivate you to compute these by yourself for a lot of precise outcomes.