Move over chickpeas, this lima bean hummus is velvety, sweet and special! The taste is brilliant and revitalizing with a tip of sweet taste from the lima beans and basil.
We are big hummus fans over here. There are numerous various taste mixes, I might consume hummus every day and not get ill of it.
I currently have a velvety hummus dish (made with chickpeas) here on EBF, however today we’re changing up the hummus video game and making it with lima beans!
Yup! I had an unfortunate bag of lima beans simply being in my freezer (I initially purchased them to make Brunswick stew, however that didn’t take place for some factor sooo I chose to attempt a lima bean hummus rather.
Completion outcome was incredible! The fresh basil and lemon juice bring a light, revitalizing taste that I can’t get enough of. Plus it’s velvety while being 100% vegan.
What Are Lima Beans?
Lima beans are technically thought about a white bean although they’re normally light green or cream colored. They are loaded with protein and fiber and are an actually terrific source of iron. Lima beans are a few of the most moderate tasting beans (comparable to chickpeas) that taste more nutty than bean-like.
Lima Bean Hummus Active Ingredients
- frozen lima beans — you can likewise utilize dry lima beans if you have the time and wish to make this dip from scratch
- extra-virgin olive oil
- newly squeezed lemon juice
- garlic cloves
- sea salt
- fresh basil
- newly ground pepper
How to Make Lima Bean Hummus
Prepare beans— Prepare frozen lima beans according to the plan instructions, drain and reserve 1/2 cup of the cooking liquid.
Process— Integrate the lima beans, tahini, olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, basil, salt and pepper in your food mill and puree up until smooth. Slowly include cooking liquid to thin the dip to your favored consistency. Scrape down the sides of the bowl as required.
How to Consume Lima Bean Hummus
How not to consume lima bean hummus is the genuine concern! We are completely consumed with this hummus and it appears like we have actually consumed it in every possible method. Here are a few of our favorites:
- With crackers— make your own or utilize store-bought. I enjoy Easy Mills for store-bought.
- With veggies— this dip is scrumptious with newly sliced up veggies.
- With avocado toast— spread out a little hummus on toast and top with avocado pieces for the supreme breakfast.
- In a breakfast wrap— I just recently made this breakfast wrap with chickpea hummus and I can’t wait to combine it with this hummus.
How to Shop Homemade Hummus
Shop your homemade lima bean hummus in an airtight container in the fridge for approximately 5 days.
More Recipes With Hummus to Attempt:
If you make this lima bean hummus make certain to leave a remark and star ranking listed below letting us understand how it ended up for you. Your feedback is so practical for the EBF group and our readers!
A brand-new twist on an old classic, this lima bean hummus is velvety, sweet and very simple to make!
- 12 oz bag of frozen lima beans (about 2 cups)
- 1 Tablespoon tahini
- 2 Tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons newly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 medium cloves garlic, sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, sliced
- newly ground pepper, to taste
- 1/4— 1/2 cup scheduled cooking liquid or water, basically to thin dip as preferred
- Prepare lima beans according to package instructions, drain and reserve 1/4 -1/ 2 cup of the cooking liquid.
- In a food mill, integrate all components other than cooking liquid or water.
- Purée up until smooth, slowly including liquid as preferred to thin dip and scraping downsides of bowl as required.
- If you’re cooking lima beans from scratch, you’ll wish to prepare 3/4 cup dry lima beans, which ought to provide you about 2 cups.
- Classification: Sauce
- Approach: Process
- Food: American
- Serving Size: 1/4 of dish
- Calories: 180
- Sugar: 2g
- Salt: 303 mg
- Fat: 9g
- Hydrogenated Fat: 1g
- Unsaturated Fat: 6g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 19 g
- Fiber: 5g
- Protein: 7g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Keywords: lima bean hummus
This post might consist of affiliate links. Thank you for your assistance.