This post might consist of Amazon or other affiliate links. As an Amazon Partner I make from certifying purchases.
Linzer cookies get a keto remodeling! Tender almond and hazelnut flour sandwich cookies with a sweet raspberry filling. This post is sponsored by Bob’s Red Mill.
I have a thing for Christmas customs from other nations. I have actually constantly had this thing, this fascination, about how individuals commemorate in far-off lands. And I like to re-create a few of the cherished standard deals with too, in a keto-friendly method.
Like these Keto Linzer Cookies. I have actually long had my eye on the stunning Austrian sandwich cookies, with the brilliant gem of jam peaking out the center. So quite and joyful. Therefore really really delicious!
I like North American customs too, and I have numerous popular Keto Christmas Cookies However a minimum of when annually, I try something I have actually never ever attempted. Like Keto Buche de Noel, or Keto Sticky Toffee Pudding Or my upgraded Keto Marzipan dish
The very best part? There is an entire big world of scrumptious foods to ketofy. I’ll never ever lack concepts!
What are Linzer Cookies?
If you have actually never ever become aware of them, you remain in for a reward! Linzer cookies resemble mini variations of the well-known Linzer torte from Austria.
I in fact have a complete size keto Linzer torte dish in my cookbook, The Ultimate Guide to Keto Baking. Linzer torte includes a tender shortcake crust with ground almonds or hazelnuts, or both. It likewise has a raspberry or apricot jam filling and a lattice leading crust.
The cookies are made in a comparable style, with a buttery cookie base, a jam filling, and a leading cookie with a little window eliminated to permit the filling to peak through. Cleaned with a little powdered sweetener, they are as interesting the eye as they are to the tastebuds.
And given that Linzer cookies currently count on some nut flours, I figured they were ripe for a keto remodeling. I got my preferred keto flours from Bob’s Red Mill and got to work!
How to make Keto Linzer Cookies
These are an enjoyable vacation baking task so make certain to reserve a long time to make them. Here are my finest pointers for getting them right:
- The cookies in this dish are really comparable to my Keto Sugar Cookies, however I changed a few of the almond flour with Bob’s Hazelnut Flour You might stick to simply almond, if you choose. You might likewise do all hazelnut flour however be gotten ready for a more “rustic” looking cookie since it is less carefully ground and has a little bit of the husks.
- I likewise included a touch of Bob’s coconut flour for much better texture, as it assists them hold together. You can utilize oat fiber in its location if you truly challenge coconut.
- If your dough is rather sticky, be prepared to operate in a bit more coconut flour. You desire it to look like standard present sugar cookie dough in consistency.
- Do dust your work surface area with some extra flour, as it will make it a lot easier to raise the cookies out after cutting them.
- This Linzer cookie dough gain from some chilling previous to baking, as it assists keep them from spreading out. Make sure to include that to the time you reserve to make these.
- The primary cookie cutters ought to be at least 2 1/2 circles, and after that you desire some mini ones to cut windows into the tops. I could not discover my little tiny heart eliminated so I utilized circles, moons, and flours, everything about 1 inch in size.
- One fantastic pointer I keep reading Stephie Cooks is to bake all the bottom cookies on one sheet pan and all the tops on another, as they will bake at somewhat various rates.
- Dust the leading cookies with powdered sweetener prior to putting together.
- The raspberry “jam” filling is just raspberries, water, sweetener, and a little bit of gelatin to thicken it. The filling requirements to cool for a while to thicken, however do not let it gel totally or you will have problem spreading it on the cookies.
- Location a blob (yes, that is the technical term!) of raspberry filling on the bottom cookie. Utilize the leading cookie to carefully push the completing as it likewise rises a bit through the middle.
Can you make Linzer Cookies ahead?
You can quickly make these keto cookies ahead of time however do understand that they tend to soften when they sit with the filling within. This occurs with standard Linzer cookies too. Some individuals like them more after they have actually softened.
If you choose them more crisp, as I do, you can make the cookies and the filling and keep them separate till you’re all set to serve. Your filling will gel however carefully re-warming it in a pan over low heat will assist it chill out once again.
More scrumptious keto dishes with hazelnut flour
Keto Linzer Cookies
Linzer cookies get a keto remodeling! Tender almond and hazelnut flour sandwich cookies with a sweet raspberry filling.
keto linzer cookies, linzer cookies
Portions: 16 cookies
Calories: 136 kcal
- Powdered sweetener for scattering
Prepare a work surface area with a silicone baking mat or a big piece of parchment paper. Dust gently with coconut flour.
In a medium bowl, blend together the almond flour, hazelnut flour, coconut flour, and salt. In a big bowl, beat the butter and sweetener together till velvety. Beat in the egg and vanilla extract, and after that beat in the almond flour mix till dough comes together.
Turn the dough out onto the ready work surface area. Pat into a rough circle and after that leading with a big piece of parchment paper. Present to about 1/4-inch density. Line 2 big baking sheets with silicone mats or parchment paper.
Utilizing a 2 1/2 inch round cookie cutter, eliminated as numerous cookies as possible and lift thoroughly with a little, balanced out spatula or knife. Gather the scraps and re-roll, eliminating as numerous circles as possible. You ought to get at least 32 cookies.
Utilize a smaller sized 1 inch cookie cutter in any shape to eliminate windows in half of the cookies. (Attempt keeping all the bottom cookies on one cookie sheet and all the tops with the windows on the other, as they will bake at somewhat various rates).
Chill the cut outs for 1 hour. Then pre-heat the oven to 325 F and bake the cookies for 15 to 20 minutes, turning and changing the pans midway through baking, till gently golden brown. Get rid of and let cool totally on the pans.
While the cookies are cooling, make the raspberry filling. In a medium pan over medium heat, integrate the raspberries and water. Give a boil, then decrease the heat to a simmer. Prepare till the berries can be mashed quickly with a fork.
Get rid of from heat and stir in the powdered sweetener, then blend in the gelatin. Let cool till thickened however still spreadable, about 20 minutes.
To put together
Sprinkle the tops of the cookies with the window eliminated with powdered sweetener.
Spoon about 2 teaspoons of raspberry filling onto the bottom of the cookies without any center eliminated. Carefully push a cookie top so that the raspberry filling spreads and rises a bit through the window of the leading cookie.
If you wish to utilize routine store-bought gelatin like Knox, utilize about 1 envelope. You will require to “flower” it initially by blending it into 2 tablespoon of warm water. Once it gels, blend it into the hot raspberry mix (off heat) till it liquifies.
Keto Linzer Cookies
Quantity Per Serving (1 cookie)
Calories from Fat 106
% Daily Worth *
Fat 11.8 g18%
Carbs 4.3 g 1%
Fiber 2.3 g 9%
Protein 3.6 g 7%
* Percent Daily Worths are based upon a 2000 calorie diet plan.