For all you die-hard Pho enjoys out there, I understand that “quick-pho” might make you anxious. I get it. The very best Pho is made gradually over a number of hours permitting tastes to bloom into a mouthwatering broth. If that is you and you have the time, this is not the dish for you. This is an instantaneous pot chicken pho dish with conventional tastes that will have you feeding your household in 15 minutes.
- 1 pound skinless boneless chicken
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 2.5 cups water
- 1/2 Tablespoon entire anise seed
- 1/2 Tablespoon ground cardamom
- 1/2 Tablespoon entire black peppercorn
- 2 Tablespoons fish sauce
- 2-3 oz rice noodles, determined dry. (I utilize whatever my shop brings. Generally Annie Chun’s Pad Thai rice noodles)
- For garnish: mung beans, basil leaves, cilantro leaves, lime, jalapeno, sriracha, hoisin sauce.
- In an instantaneous pot integrate chicken, stock, water, spices, and fish sauce.
- Set timer for 12 minutes. Quick or slow-release works (do whatever you have time for).
- Get rid of prepared chicken and carefully break it apart into bite-size pieces.
- Return chicken to the immediate pot.
- Include dry noodles.
- Prepare for another 2 minutes.
- Serve pho topped with bean sprouts, basil, cilantro, lime wedge, jalapeno, and sauces.