- 1 Roast Butternut Squash
- 2 id=”h-butternut-squash-nutrition”>Butternut Squash Nutrition
- 3 You Can Microwave to Soften
- 4 Roasted Butternut Squash Components
- 5 Variations
- 6 How to Roast Butternut Squash
- 7 What Does Butternut Squash Opt For?
- 8 More Squash Recipes to Attempt:
Roast Butternut Squash
Here’s the very best method to cut and roast butternut squash. Serve roasted butternut squash as a simple side meal or roast it as much as utilize in other dishes!
I have actually been on rather a roasted vegetable kick recently!
Given that I have actually currently shared how to roast delicata squash, how to make roasted acorn squash, and scrumptious roasted kombucha squash, I figured it was lastly time to share how to roast among my preferred winter season squashes– butternut squash!
This is an excellent dish to have in your back pocket due to the fact that it’s ideal for meal preparation and can be utilized in many various dishes.
id=”h-butternut-squash-nutrition”>Butternut Squash Nutrition
Oh my, butternut squash is a powerhouse veggie! It’s low in calories however high in a range of minerals and vitamins– most especially vitamin A, vitamin C, magnesium, and potassium. It’s loaded with antioxidants and fiber and is an excellent active ingredient to begin including into your diet plan.
id=”h-how-to-peel-and-chop-butternut-squash”>How to Peel and Chop Butternut Squash
If you have actually never ever prepared with butternut squash previously, prepping is the hardest part! While it is technically edible, butternut squash’s skin is quite difficult so it’s generally suggested that you peel it prior to roasting.
Here are my ideas to make the peeling and slicing procedure less difficult.
Action 1: Utilizing a veggie peeler or knife, thoroughly peel the skin, getting as near completion of the squash as possible. When peeling, stop when you get to the orange flesh, it’s generally just one layer.
Action 2: After peeling, cut the top and bottom of the squash, and after that cut the squash in half widthwise and lengthwise so the squash is quartered.
Another alternative is to leave the neck of the squash whole and suffice into rounds, then accumulate the round and cut them crosswise (two times) to develop cubes.
Action 4: Utilize a spoon to scrape the seeds (and gunk) out of each half. Dispose of the seeds or conserve and roast them up for a treat. At this moment you’re prepared to slice the squash into cubes. I like to do 1/2 -1 inch thick cubes. I attempt to cut them as even as possible so that they all surface cooking around the very same time.
You Can Microwave to Soften
I have not required to do this, however, if your butternut squash is too tough to cut with the knife you’re utilizing, you can utilize the microwave to soften it up initially! Poke about 4-5 holes throughout the squash (so it does not take off) and microwave for 3 minutes. Let cool and after that slice.
Roasted Butternut Squash Components
- butternut squash
- avocado or olive oil
- sea salt
The enjoyable feature of roasted veggies is that the taste mixes are limitless. Here are a few of my preferred variations for roasted butternut squash:
- Include sliced onion and a minced garlic clove in addition to oil and sea salt. I like this variation of mouthwatering + sweet!
- For a sweeter meal, toss your cubed butternut squash with 1 Tablespoon of oil, 1 Tablespoon of maple syrup, 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon, and a pinch of salt.
- I like including herbs in my roasted veggies. Mix 2 Tablespoons of fresh rosemary or sage with cubed butternut squash, oil, and sea salt.
How to Roast Butternut Squash
Prepare the squash— Start by peeling the squash, sufficing in half lengthwise and scrape out the seeds.
Cut— Cut the squash into 1-inch cubes, toss them in oil and a pinch of salt. Spread out the cubes onto a flat pan.
Roast— Roast the squash at 400 ºF for 30-40 minutes, turning once or two times till all of the pieces hurt and some have brown areas.
Do not require cubes? You can likewise simply roast each half of the squash rather than slicing it into cubes. Preparation of the squash by peeling, halving lengthwise, and scraping out the seeds. Then coat with olive oil and spray with sea salt. Roast at 400 ºF for 30-40 minutes!
What Does Butternut Squash Opt For?
Butternut squash couple with lots of various things! Here are some concepts:
- sweet spices: cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, and cardamom
- herbs: sage, rosemary, thyme
- produce: onions, parsnips, sweet potatoes, turnips, carrots, apples, pears
- proteins: chicken, turkey, sausage, eggs
- misc: rice, quinoa, pasta, pizza, pine nuts
I personally like making roasted butternut squash for meal preparation and matching it with a protein and a grain for a simple meal. If you wish to attempt a more extensive dish with roasted butternut squash, here are a few of my go-to’s:
More Squash Recipes to Attempt:
If you make this roasted butternut squash make certain to leave a remark and star score listed below letting us understand how it ended up for you. Your feedback is so valuable for the EBF group and our readers!
Here’s the very best method to cut and roast butternut squash. Roasted butternut squash makes an excellent side meal on it’s own, however can likewise be utilized in other dishes!
- 1 medium butternut squash
- 1 tablespoon avocado or olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven: Preheat oven to 400 ° F.
- Preparation squash: Prepare the squash by peeling it, sufficing in half and scraping out the seeds.
- Cut squash: Cut the squash into 1-inch cubes. Contribute to a bowl and toss with oil, salt, and pepper. Spread out the cubes onto a flat pan.
- Roast: Roast the squash for 30-40 minutes, turning once or two times, till all the pieces hurt and some have brown areas.
- Serve: Serve warm as a side meal or usage in a dish that requires roasted squash.
- Too tough to slice? If your butternut squash is simply way too tough to cut with the knife you’re utilizing, you can utilize the microwave to soften it up initially! Poke about 4-5 holes throughout the squash and microwave for 3 minutes. Let cool and after that slice.
- Do not require cubes? You can likewise simply roast each half of the squash rather than slicing it into cubes. Preparation the squash by peeling, halving lengthwise and scraping out the seeds. Then coat with olive oil and spray with sea salt. Roast at 400 ºF for 30-40 minutes!
- Classification: Side
- Technique: Roast
- Food: American
- Serving Size: 1/4 of dish
- Calories: 186
- Sugar: 18 g
- Salt: 111 mg
- Fat: 4g
- Hydrogenated Fat: 0g
- Unsaturated Fat: 3g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 40 g
- Fiber: 5g
- Protein: 2g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Keywords: roasted butternut squash
This post might consist of affiliate links. Thank you for your assistance.