With just 6 active ingredients and about 15 minutes to work up, these healthy peanut butter blooms are a simple addition to your vacation cookie tray! Vegan and gluten-free.
These cookies are my handle peanut butter blooms (you understand, the ones with the Hershey’s Kisses). PB blooms are among Isaac’s preferred cookies so I needed to take a stab at making a healthy variation and I need to state, this variation is simply as excellent … perhaps even much better than timeless peanut butter blooms
They still have the scrumptious peanut butter and chocolate taste mix going on, however I utilized Enjoy Life Mega Portions rather of Hershey’s Kisses.
I have absolutely nothing versus Kisses (specifically the ones with almonds … so excellent!), however I have actually never ever been a substantial fan of needing to handle the pointy Kiss while consuming my cookie so the flat chocolate piece in fact exercises much better. Plus, I’m a huge fan of Enjoy Life’s chocolate since it’s vegan, gluten-free and soy-free.
Healthy Peanut Butter Bloom Active Ingredients
Think what? You just require 6 easy active ingredients for these healthy pb blooms and it’s most likely that you have all 6 sitting your kitchen at this very minute.
- natural peanut butter
- coconut sugar or brown sugar
- flaxseed egg— mix 1 tablespoon ground flaxseed with 3 Tablespoons water and reserve for a couple of minutes to let it gel up.
- vanilla extract
- baking soda
- vegan chocolate pieces— I utilized Enjoy Life Mega Portions, however any dark chocolate chunks/squares will do. I wager Hu Kitchen area chocolate gems would work terrific!
Substitutions & & Notes
This component list is incredibly brief and you likely have whatever in your kitchen currently! Here are a number of swaps you can make if required:
- Peanut butter— the standard dish utilizes peanut butter, however I’m presuming you can switch for any other nut or seed butter. I have not evaluated this so if you attempt a various nut butter, let me understand in the remarks.
- Flaxseed egg— if these cookies do not require to be vegan you can utilize a routine egg in location of the flaxseed egg.
- Chocolate pieces— to keep these closest to the timeless dish for peanut butter blooms I utilized chocolate pieces, however you can utilize standard Hershey’s kisses or any other chocolate chunk/square!
How to Make Healthy Peanut Butter Blooms
- Make flaxseed egg— If you’re utilizing a flaxseed egg, start by blending the ground flaxseed with water and reserved.
- Mix— In a medium bowl, blend the peanut butter, sugar, flaxseed egg, vanilla and baking soda up until well integrated.
- Make cookies— Spoon 1 Tablespoon of the mix and roll into a ball. Set up each cookie about 1 inch apart onto a flat pan.
- Bake— Bake at 350 ºF for 9-10 minutes. Eliminate from the oven and right away push a chocolate piece into each cookie. Permit to cool entirely and after that delight in!
How to Shop Homemade Cookies
After letting your cookies cool entirely, I suggest keeping in an airtight container. They’ll last a couple of days on the counter top, a week in the refrigerator and as much as 1 month in the freezer. I like making these beforehand, freezing and after that serving throughout the vacations!
Healthier Cookie Dishes to Make:
If you make these flourless vegan peanut butter blooms, please make certain to leave a remark and star ranking listed below. Your feedback is incredibly practical for the EBF group and other readers who are thinking of making the dish.
With just 6 active ingredients and about 15 minutes to work up, these heathy peanut butter blooms are a simple addition to your vacation cookie tray! Vegan and gluten-free.
- 1 cup natural peanut butter
- 1 cup coconut sugar or brown sugar
- 1 Tablespoon ground flaxseed + 3 Tablespoons water *
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- Vegan chocolate pieces (I utilized Enjoy Life)
- Preheat oven: Pre-heat the oven to 350 ° F.
- Make flaxseed egg: Mix together the ground flaxseed with the water to make your flaxseed egg and reserved.
- Mix active ingredients: In a medium bowl, blend the peanut butter, sugar, flaxseed egg, vanilla and baking soda up until well integrated.
- Scoop: Scoop 1 Tablespoon of the cookie dough, roll into a ball and gone about 1 inch apart onto ungreased flat pans.
- Bake: Bake for 9-10 minutes. Eliminate from oven, and right away push a chocolate piece into each cookie. Permit to cool entirely; the piece will solidify as it cools.
- Shop: Shop in an airtight container on the counter for 3-4 days or in the refrigerator or freezer for longer storage.
- If you do not require the cookies to be vegan, you can utilize a routine egg rather of a flaxseed egg!
- Classification: Dessert
- Approach: Bake
- Food: American
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 119
- Sugar: 12 g
- Salt: 24 mg
- Fat: 7g
- Hydrogenated Fat: 1g
- Unsaturated Fat: 5g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 15 g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 3g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Keywords: healthy peanut butter blooms
This post might consist of affiliate links. Thank you for your assistance.