Umami is among the 5 acknowledged tastes of food (sweet, sour, bitter, salted, and umami). It is a tasty taste that can be referred to as enjoyable, brothy, meaty, and mouthwatering.
The very best part? Umami taste might assist you feel more satiated (feel fuller) and feel more pleased after a meal. Attempt this simple ground turkey and veggie soup skilled with liquid aminos for that umami punch.
- 1 pound ground lean ground turkey, prepared
- 1 cup white onion, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 cups low salt chicken or veggie broth
- 2 cups water
- 1/3 cup raw basmati rice
- 3 tablespoons liquid aminos (or low salt soy sauce)
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and diced
- 1 cup corn (cut off the cob tastes the very best!)
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 2 cups greens. Either raw spinach (stems eliminated) OR raw kale (sliced)
- Green onions, sliced (optional for topping)
- Prepare turkey in a pan with onion and garlic.
- Integrate the following in a medium/large pot: prepared turkey mix, broth, water, raw rice, liquid aminos (or soy sauce), sesame oil, carrots, and corn.
- Give a simmer then cover with a cover. On medium/low heat simmer till rice hurts (around 15 minutes).
- Include frozen peas and greens and cook for 3-5 more minutes on low heat till greens are wilted and peas are defrosted.
- Serve with green onion topping.