This pumpkin pecan waffle dish will please your craving for sweets. Delight in for breakfast, breakfast, or a mid-day treat. Pro suggestion: make them ahead of time, toss them in the freezer, and pop ’em in the toaster for a fast grab-and-go treat.
YIELDS 4 PORTION
- 1 cup pumpkin puree (NOT pumpkin pie filling)
- 3 big eggs
- 2 Tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 3/4 cups milk or milk alternative
- 2 1/2 cups 100% entire wheat or entire grain flour *
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Garnish: sliced pecans
- Pure maple syrup and whipped cream( optional)
* Wheat flour has a somewhat darker color than standard white flour. It consists of the entire grain that makes it a little bit more nutrient-dense and fiber-rich. Confirm the label when shopping– technically all flour originates from wheat so you wish to search for 100% entire wheat or entire grain flour.
How To Make Pumpkin Pecan Waffles
- In a big bowl integrate all damp components: puree, eggs, melted butter, extract, milk.
- Whisk till well integrated.
- Include all dry components: spices, baking powder, and flour.
- Prepare waffles on a preheated waffle iron according to make guidelines.
- Serve with preferred garnishes.
Nutritional Details & & Macros
Macros per serving (prior to maple syrup, whipped cream, and sliced pecans):
- Calories: 449
- Protein: 15.7 g
- Fat: 12.7 g
- Carbohydrates: 623 g