Yields: 4-6 portions
Egg Frittata Components
- 8 eggs, blended
- 2 cups broccoli florets, sliced
- 2 cups shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 cup red onion, diced
- 1 cup corn
- 1/2 cup newly grated Asiago cheese (any tough “smelly” cheese works terrific!)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Salt and pepper
- Fresh dill (optional)
KEEP IN MIND: You will be cooking this on the stovetop in a frying pan. I like to utilize something with a high edge that can take the heat (All-Clad stainless-steel 3qt saute’ pan). The eleventh hour will be under the broiler so it is very important to utilize a pan that can go straight in the oven on high heat (no plastic or rubber manages)
- Turn the boiler on so it can pre-heat.
- Sauté broccoli, mushrooms, onion in a pan till simply tender. About 5-8 minutes on medium-low heat.
- Get rid of veggies from the pan and location in a big bowl.
- Include blended eggs, corn, cheese, S+P to the vegetable mix. Integrate and reserve.
- Include butter to the empty pan. Bring heat to medium. Cover the pan well.
- When butter begins to sizzle include vegetable and egg mix back into the pan. Make certain the mix is even in the pan.
- Prepare on medium for 8 minutes or till the edges begin to turn golden and retreat from the pan. The top will still look a little runny, however do not fret that is where the broiler can be found in. DON’T OVERCOOK IT!
- After frittata has actually prepared for roughly 8 minutes, move the pan to the hot broiler and prepare the top for 1 minute.
- Utilizing hot pads, eliminate the pan from the oven and cool for 3 minutes ( CARE: the deal with is going to be HOT!)
- Leading with fresh dill (optional) then cut into wedges and serve.