This maple pecan baked oatmeal is studded with sliced pecans and gently sweetened with pure maple syrup. Fancy enough to serve for breakfast, however ideal for meal preparation also.
My love affair with baked oatmeal began 5 years ago with this extremely dish. After sharing this tasty dish I went on to develop a variety of baked oatmeal dishes, whatever from pumpkin baked oatmeal to peanut butter baked oatmeal If you can consider an oatmeal taste, I most likely have a baked oatmeal dish for it!
- 1 Why I Love Baked Oatmeal A Lot
- 2 Active Ingredients in Maple Pecan Baked Oatmeal
- 3 How to Make Maple Baked Oatmeal
- 4 Can You Make Baked Oatmeal Ahead of Time?
- 5 More Oatmeal Recipes:
- 6 More Baked Oatmeal Recipes:
Why I Love Baked Oatmeal A Lot
I have actually constantly been a stovetop oats (this peanut butter banana oatmeal is my favorite) sort of lady, however after this dish I am certainly a baked oatmeal transform. 3 factors:
- As somebody who enjoys all things crispy and crispy baked oatmeal is where it’s at. The leading layer gets golden brown and has a little crunch to it– particularly when you get a bite with a pecan therein. Yum!
- It’s so simple to make … you simply blend whatever together and put it into a baking meal comparable to a casserole … however it feels elegant enough to serve to loved ones.
- The leftovers are amazing. You can consume them cold directly from the refrigerator or reheat them. In either case, remaining baked oatmeal produces a fast and simple breakfast alternative. I enjoy making a batch as part of my Sunday meal preparation.
Needless to state, if you’re trying to find a relaxing and yummy dish to serve for breakfast look no more! The maple pecan taste combination is abundant, nutty and sweet. It sort of advises me of maple & & brown sugar immediate oatmeal packages I utilized to consume all the time maturing. Although, this variation is a bit healthier and more filling with entire grain rolled oats, healthy fat (from coconut oil and the pecans) and pure maple syrup which has more than 54 anti-oxidants and an increase of minerals such as iron and manganese.
Active Ingredients in Maple Pecan Baked Oatmeal
- rolled oats– old made rolled oats are best for this dish. If you have steel cut oats, attempt my dish for baked steel cut oatmeal
- pecans– I enjoy this dish with the pecans, however if you do not have them walnuts would be an excellent sub
- pure maple syrup— make sure to utilize pure maple syrup, not the synthetic kind identified “pancake syrup” and made from corn syrup … NOT the very same!
- baking powder
- ground cinnamon
- fine-grain sea salt
- unsweetened almond milk— I like almond milk or oat milk, however any kind of milk will work
- egg— can replace 1 Tablespoon of flaxseed in location of the egg
- coconut oil
- pure vanilla extract
- cooking spray
How to Make Maple Baked Oatmeal
- Mix dry active ingredients— In a big bowl, mix together the oats, half the pecans, baking powder, cinnamon and salt.
- Include damp active ingredients— Include the milk, maple syrup, egg, coconut oil, vanilla and bananas. Stir well to integrate.
- Bake— Thoroughly put the oatmeal mix into an 8-inch square baking meal that has actually been sprayed with cooking spray. Spread the staying pecans throughout the top. Bake at 375 ºF for 35-40 minutes.
- Cool and serve— After the top of the oatmeal is golden brown, eliminate from the oven and let cool for a couple of minutes. Drizzle with additional maple syrup if you desire it a bit sweeter and take pleasure in!
Can You Make Baked Oatmeal Ahead of Time?
Yes, you can completely make baked oatmeal ahead of time. There are a couple alternatives that work actually well. Here’s what I advise:
Choice 1: Bake and after that Reheat Prior To Serving
- Prepare baked oatmeal as the dish recommends. As soon as baked, let the oatmeal cool, cover the baking meal and location in the refrigerator. You can do this 1-2 days ahead of time. When prepared to serve, take oatmeal meal from refrigerator, cover with foil and reheat in a 350 ° F oven for about 20 minutes. For private parts, set toaster to 350 ° F and bake for 5-10 minutes or reheat in the microwave for 1 minute.
Choice 2: Preparation as Much as You Can Without Baking
- Mix together your dry active ingredients in a bowl, cover and let remain on the counter till early morning.
- Mix together all the damp active ingredients in another bowl, cover and shop in the refrigerator till early morning.
- In the early morning, just blend the damp and dry active ingredients together, put oatmeal mix into your ready baking meal and bake as dish recommends.
More Oatmeal Recipes:
More Baked Oatmeal Recipes:
If you attempt this maple pecan baked oatmeal please make sure to leave a remark and star ranking listed below. Your feedback is incredibly practical for the EBF group and other readers who are considering making the dish.
This Maple Pecan Baked Oatmeal is filled with wholesome oats, studded with sliced pecans and gently sweetened with pure maple syrup. Fancy enough to serve for breakfast, however amazing as a make-ahead breakfast for the week also.
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 cup pecans, sliced and divided
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup, plus more for serving
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Little 1/2 teaspoon fine-grain sea salt
- 2 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 1 big egg (or 1 Tablespoon flaxseed)
- 2 Tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 ripe bananas, sliced
- cooking spray
- Preheat the oven to 375 ° F and spray an 8 × 8 inch square baking meal with cooking spray.
- Mix dry active ingredients: In a big bowl, mix together the oats, half the pecans, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt.
- Include damp active ingredients: Include the milk, maple syrup, egg, coconut oil, vanilla and bananas. Stir well to integrate.
- Thoroughly put oatmeal mix into the ready baking meal.
- Spread the staying pecans throughout the top.
- Bake: Bake for 35 to 40 minutes, till the top is well golden. Eliminate from the oven and let cool for a couple of minutes. Part and serve. Drizzle each part with maple syrup if you desire it a bit sweeter.
- For storage: shop in the fridge in an airtight container for 4-6 days.
- To reheat: To reheat the entire baked oatmeal, cover with foil and reheat in a 350 ° F oven for about 20 minutes. For private parts, set oven (or toaster) to 350 ° F and bake for 5-10 minutes or reheat in the microwave for 1 minute.
- Classification: Breakfast
- Technique: Bake
- Food: American
- Serving Size: 1/4 of dish
- Calories: 427
- Sugar: 21 g
- Salt: 581 mg
- Fat: 19 g
- Hydrogenated Fat: 7g
- Unsaturated Fat: 1g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 55 g
- Fiber: 6g
- Protein: 9g
- Cholesterol: 47 mg
Keywords: maple baked oatmeal
This post might consist of affiliate links. Thank you for your assistance.