This post is sponsored by Light ‘n Fluffy ® Noodles. All remarks and viewpoints are my own.
This Easy Beef Stroganoff Casserole is the supreme family-friendly home cooking! The best weeknight meal made with egg noodles and smothered in the most tasty velvety mushroom sauce in simply 30 minutes!
Do you men ever simply yearn for those timeless, reassuring homemade meals you matured consuming? Well, I guarantee you will LIKE this Easy Beef Stroganoff Casserole. Maturing, my Granny would constantly make the most tasty meatball stroganoff, however it absolutely needed a lot more actions and I’m quite specific she utilized canned gravy. This casserole is made entirely from scratch and provides you all those timeless tastes you enjoy in one easy meal!
I suggest who does not enjoy a great noodle casserole?? This meal is best for those hectic households who require a simple weeknight supper that even the pickiest of eaters will enjoy! Oh, and let’s speak about this sauce. It’s thick and velvety, incredibly tasty, and tastes definitely extraordinary when tossed with the noodles.
ACTIVE INGREDIENTS YOU’LL REQUIREMENT
- Egg noodles— I utilized Light ‘n Fluffy ® Homestyle Noodles for this casserole since of their texture, taste and they so occur to be the best size for this kind of dish.
- Hamburger— I utilized lean hamburger since I truly desired that timeless beef stroganoff meal, however you might quickly switch out the beef for ground turkey or perhaps ground chicken. Pro idea: utilize the leanest hamburger possible to prevent needing to drain pipes all that excess fat!
- Mushrooms— I personally enjoy infant bella mushrooms, however you might utilize cremini or white button mushrooms in this.
- Onion— I enjoy the moderate taste of white onions, however you might utilize a yellow onion, shallots or perhaps green onions in this dish.
- Garlic— fresh garlic is constantly best! If you do not have fresh garlic, do not hesitate to replace with a 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder.
- Beef stock— I utilized low-sodium beef stock which I truly believe improves the beef taste in this dish. If you do not have beef stock on hand, you might utilize either beef broth, veggie broth, or just utilize water and mix in some beef bouillon.
- Worcestershire sauce— taste, taste, TASTE!
- Tomato paste— I enjoy the included taste and body this provides while likewise assisting to thicken the sauce a bit.
- Greek yogurt— this makes the sauce good and velvety! It’s likewise greater in protein and lower in fat than sour cream, however if you do not have Greek yogurt on hand, sour cream is a fantastic replacement and is what is normally utilized in beef stroganoff dishes.
- Cream cheese— this makes the sauce even creamier and includes much more taste! If you do not wish to include cream cheese, do not hesitate to double the Greek yogurt.
- Fresh herbs— I LIKE fresh thyme in this meal and I truly believe it takes the taste to an entire other level. Not just does whatever taste much better, however including fresh herbs like thyme and parsley include some much-needed color to this meal!
WHICH NOODLES SHOULD I UTILIZE?
For this casserole, I utilized Light ‘n Fluffy Homestyle Noodles, which are egg noodles that are really the closest thing I have actually discovered to tasting homemade! They are lighter in texture than conventional pasta, have a stunning yellow color after being prepared, and taste fantastic with practically any tastes you combine with them. I choose utilizing the Light ‘n Fluffy Homestyle Noodles since they are broader than other noodles that make them best for casseroles as they can truly get covered in all that tasty sauce!
These noodles are incredibly flexible too. While they taste fantastic in casseroles, I likewise enjoy tossing them in soups, utilizing them as the base in pasta dishes, or, if you resemble my spouse, you can even ladle your beef stew over them! You can quickly discover these Light ‘n Fluffy Homestyle Noodles in the pasta aisle of your regional Giant Grocery store and today you can conserve $1 off any 2 Light n’ Fluffy noodles now through April 3rd! Click HERE to get your voucher!
HOW TO MAKE BEEF STROGANOFF CASSEROLE
- Preheat and preparation. You’ll wish to pre-heat your oven to 350 degrees F and slice up the onion, garlic, mushrooms and fresh thyme. Set those aside and you’re prepared to get going preparing!
- Boil water and brown meat. Fill a big pot with water and bring it to a boil on the range. While the water is pertaining to a boil, include the hamburger to a big frying pan and cook up until browned and collapsed. Transfer the prepared hamburger to a plate and keep the heat on the frying pan. We’re going to prepare the onion and mushrooms in the very same pan!
- Make the mushroom sauce. In the very same frying pan you utilized to brown the meat, drizzle a little olive oil and sauté the onions, garlic and mushrooms up until onions are clear and mushrooms are prepared. Include the prepared hamburger, spray in the fresh thyme and offer whatever a great stir. Gather the beef stock, Worcestershire sauce, tomato paste, and season with salt and pepper and give a boil. On the other hand this is a great time to include the egg noodles to the boiling water. ( Note: you do not wish to prepare the noodles all the method given that they’ll continue to prepare in the oven so cook 2 minutes less than what the plan directions state)
- Let’s make it velvety! As soon as you have actually included the noodles to the boiling water, blend the cream cheese with the sauce and continue cooking up until all integrated. Turn the heat off and blend in the Greek yogurt.
- Put together casserole and bake. Drain pipes the semi-cooked noodles and include them to the casserole meal. Put the velvety sauce over leading and blend well, ensuring all the noodles are entirely covered. Cover with foil and bake in the oven for about 10 to 15 minutes, up until hot and bubbly. Garnish with fresh parsley and delight in!
CAN YOU BAKE THIS WITHOUT BOILING THE NOODLES?
So I in fact evaluated this dish both methods, and the response is YES you can! Nevertheless, the noodles (while tasty) came out a bit too mushy for my preference. The only action you’re truly avoiding is simply boiling the noodles, so if conserving a couple of meals is very important to you, here is how you can make it: just spray your casserole meal with a little nonstick spray and layer the raw egg noodles equally on the bottom of your meal. Then the dish is precisely the very same other than rather of utilizing 2 cups of beef stock, you’ll wish to utilize 4 cups.
As soon as your mushroom sauce is prepared, put everything over the noodles (ensuring to coat them entirely) and push the noodles down into sauce. Cover and bake at 375 degrees F for about 25 to 30 minutes, get rid of and offer it a great stir. If the noodles are a bit al dente, keep in mind that when you get rid of the casserole the noodles will continue to take in the sauce so they will soften up. Which’s how you make this casserole without boiling the noodles!
IS THIS FREEZER-FRIENDLY?
While I enjoy a great freezer meal, regrettably I have actually discovered that in basic, noodles simply do not hold up well after being frozen and defrosted out, BUT you can quickly freeze this sauce! Then when you’re prepared to make the casserole, thaw the sauce out in your refrigerator, boil the noodles, toss together and bake in the oven.
MORE CASSEROLE RECIPES YOU’LL LOVE
Hope you all enjoy this oh so reassuring Easy Beef Stroganoff Casserole and if you enjoy this dish as much as we do, please leave me a luxury score listed below and do not forget to tag me on Instagram utilizing the hashtag #eatyourselfskinny! I enjoy seeing all your tasty leisures!
- Preparation Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Overall Time: 30 minutes
- 12 oz plan Light ‘n Fluffy ® Homestyle Noodles
- 1 pound lean hamburger (or ground turkey)
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 oz infant bella mushrooms, sliced
- 1 Tablespoon fresh thyme
- 2 cups low-sodium beef stock
- 2 Tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 Tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/4 cup cream cheese
- 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt (usage full-fat)
- Sliced parsley, as garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Fill a big pot with water and bring it to a boil. While the water is warming up, include the hamburger to a big frying pan on medium-high heat and cook up until browned and collapsed. Transfer the prepared beef to a plate, setting it aside.
- Drizzle olive oil in the very same frying pan you prepared the hamburger and sauté the onions up until clear, about 2 minutes. Include the garlic and mushrooms and continuing cooking up until mushrooms are prepared, about 7 more minutes. Include the prepared hamburger back into the pan and spray in the fresh thyme, offering whatever a great stir.
- Pour in the beef stock, Worcestershire sauce, tomato paste, and season with salt and pepper. Mix well and give a boil. You can likewise include your egg noodles to the boiling water, cooking for 2 minutes less than the plan directions.
- Once the sauce begins to boil, turn the heat to a simmer and mix in the cream cheese up until melted and integrated. Turn the heat off and blend in the Greek yogurt.
- Drain pipes the semi-cooked noodles and include them to a 9 ×13 casserole meal. Put the velvety sauce over top of the noodles and blend well, ensuring all the noodles are entirely covered. Cover with foil and bake for about 10 to 15 minutes, up until hot and bubbly. Garnish with fresh parsley and delight in!
* This casserole will last in a sealed airtight container for 3 to 4 days in the refrigerator.
- Serving Size: 1/6th of dish
- Calories: 448
- Sugar: 5.8 g
- Salt: 7336 mg
- Fat: 131 g
- Hydrogenated Fat: 4.9 g
- Carbohydrates: 452 g
- Fiber: 3 g
- Protein: 32 g
* Please keep in mind that all nutrition details are simply quotes. Worths will differ amongst brand names, so we motivate you to compute these by yourself for many precise outcomes.