- 1 Chicken Broccoli Rice Casserole
- 2 5 Star Evaluation
- 3 How to Make Healthy Chicken Broccoli Rice Casserole
- 4 Replacement Suggestion
- 5 Storage Tips
- 6 Meal Strategy Suggestion
- 7 What to Serve with Broccoli Casserole
- 8 Advised Tools to Make Chicken Broccoli Rice Casserole
- 9 The Very Best Baking Meal
- 10 Did you make this dish?
Chicken Broccoli Rice Casserole
Chicken Broccoli Rice Casserole is a healthy, tacky, and simple dish that will please everybody at your table. The tastes are easy and enticing, the preparation is simple, and unlike numerous other casserole dishes, this casserole consists of NO SOUP!
Crowd-pleasing meals like chicken broccoli rice casserole (and its cousins Broccoli Rice Casserole, Broccoli Quinoa Casserole, and Cheesy Corn Quinoa Casserole with Chicken) were a component at our table maturing.
My mother was the casserole QUEEN. She used a crown of Pyrex and brought a scepter of nonstick baking spray.
Not just might she make a casserole from scratch, however, she might change any (and I indicate any) remaining in our house into a velvety, tacky casserole of sorts.
A mix of wild rice, rapidly sautéed chicken, and fresh broccoli, this casserole provides every food group in a single meal. There is no soup to be discovered (cream of, canned, or otherwise).
Rather, the smooth, bubbly cheese sauce is made with Greek yogurt and cheddar.
This casserole dish is simple to scale approximately feed a crowd and make and freeze ahead (it’s a preferred meal to provide to brand-new moms amongst our french fries).
It conserves and reheats like a dream, making it a perfect alternative for healthy lunches and suppers throughout the week.
5 Star Evaluation
” I never ever examine dishes however this one is AMAZING!!! It tastes similar to the tacky broccoli rice my mother produces vacations just, however with substantially less calories! Contributed to my favorites!”
How to Make Healthy Chicken Broccoli Rice Casserole
This chicken broccoli rice casserole wins the casserole gold star for its simple preparation, the capability to be reheated, pleasant taste, and unquestionably addicting tacky goodness.
It’s filling and soothing while boasting a wholesome active ingredients list.
The Active Ingredients
- Immediate Wild Rice To keep this dish fast and easy, you do need to briefly prepare the instantaneous rice prior to putting it in the casserole. I picked to utilize wild rice for its included fiber.
- Chicken Breasts Lean chicken breast keeps this casserole on the lighter side while still including filling protein. While you can put raw chicken in a casserole, we’re going to sauté it initially for this dish to make certain it cooks through.
- Broccoli Florets Loaded with fiber and vitamins, broccoli is a powerhouse casserole active ingredient. As soon as baked with the chicken and tacky sauce, even the pickiest of eaters will enjoy this green vegetable.
- Spices An easy mix of salt, pepper, and garlic powder includes friendly spices to this casserole.
- All-Purpose Flour + Milk + Greek Yogurt Rather than less healthy canned soups, a mix of flour, milk, and yogurt develops the base for this casserole’s velvety, luscious sauce.
- Dijon Mustard Includes tanginess and assists boost the tacky taste.
- Cheddar Cheese Sharp cheddar is my preferred since a little goes a long method. It’s strong, cherished, and an ideal pairing with broccoli.
- Boil the stock, then include the rice and broccoli. Eliminate the pot from the heat, and let sit.
- Sauté the chicken.
- Prepare the sauce, then stir in the Dijon and staying flavorings. Include the yogurt and cheese.
- Stir all of it together.
- Transfer to a baking meal, and leading with the staying cheese. Bake the chicken broccoli rice casserole at 375 degrees F for 25 minutes.
- To Shop Cool casserole in an airtight storage container for approximately 4 days.
- To Reheat Rewarm leftovers in a baking meal in the oven at 350 degrees F.
- To Freeze Freeze casserole in an airtight freezer-safe storage container for approximately 3 months. Let thaw overnight in the fridge prior to reheating. You can freeze this either prior to or after baking it. Make sure your meal is freezer safe.
Meal Strategy Suggestion
Slice the broccoli approximately 1 day beforehand, and cool it in an airtight storage container.
Advised Tools to Make Chicken Broccoli Rice Casserole
The Very Best Baking Meal
This lovely and premium baking meal is perfect for casseroles. It will last you a lifetime!
Could I be called the Queen of Casseroles one day? Aside from the strange premonitions of becoming my mom, I’ll take the casserole-queen title with compliments.
Please pass me my Pyrex crown.
- 1 3/4 cups low-sodium chicken stock
- 2 cups instantaneous wild rice if you utilize white rice or non-instant rice, the cooking time and quantity of liquid required might vary
- 1 pound broccoli florets sliced into bite-sized pieces
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts sliced into bite-size pieces
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt divided
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder divided
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper divided
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups milk divided (I utilized skim)
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- && frac13; cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 1 1/2 cups reduced-fat shredded cheddar cheese divided (about 6 ounces)
- Location a rack in the center of the oven and preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Gently grease a deep 9-inch-square baking meal or a 3-quart casserole meal.
- Bring the chicken stock to a boil in a big pot, then include the rice. Go back to a boil, include the broccoli to the top of the rice (no requirement to stir it together), then cover, lower the heat to low, and let prepare for 5 minutes. Eliminate the pot from heat and let sit, covered, for an extra 5 minutes. The majority of the rice liquid needs to be taken in.
- On the other hand, heat the olive oil in a Dutch oven or other big deep pot over medium-high. Include the chicken, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder, and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper. Sauté up until prepared through and no longer pink in the center, about 4 to 6 minutes, then get rid of to a plate. Taking care not to burn yourself, clean the pot tidy with a paper towel.
- Minimize the heat to medium. In a little bowl or big determining cup, blend together the flour and 1/2 cup milk. Put the mix into the pot, then include the staying 1 1/2 cups milk. Cook, stirring continuously up until thickened, 7 to 10 minutes. Eliminate from the heat and blend in the Dijon, staying 1/4 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder, and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper. Stir in the Greek yogurt and 1 cup of the shredded cheese up until smooth.
- Include the rice and broccoli mix and the reserved chicken in the cheese sauce, stirring carefully to coat.
- Spoon the mix into the ready meal and top with the staying 1/2 cup cheese. Bake 25 minutes up until hot and bubbly. Let stand 10 minutes, then serve.
Serving: 1( of 6) Calories: 337 kcal Carbohydrates: 37 g Protein: 33 g Fat: 6 g Hydrogenated Fat: 2 g Trans Fat: 1 g Cholesterol: 57 mg Potassium: 767 mg Fiber: 3 g Sugar: 6 g Vitamin A: 725 IU Vitamin C: 68 mg Calcium: 283 mg Iron: 3 mg