Banana Home Cheese Pancakes
These home cheese pancakes are sweetened with banana and studded with chocolate chips. They’re definitely scrumptious and jam-packed with protein that will assist to keep you complete all early morning long!
It’s amusing due to the fact that I have actually never ever been a substantial pancake fan till a couple of years earlier. I believe it’s generally due to the fact that my moms and dads hardly ever made them … we were more of biscuits and gravy type household.
That stated, my love for pancakes grew after finding protein pancakes I have actually made many variations because and just recently chose to attempt making pancakes with home cheese as the source of protein!
Fair caution: these are thick pancakes. I personally enjoy the texture and believe they’re more filling, however, if you’re searching for light and fluffy pancakes, attempt these Greek yogurt pancakes or my coconut flour pancakes
Components Required For Banana Home Cheese Pancakes:
- rolled oats or fast-cooking oats
- home cheese
- egg whites
- almond milk— I utilized unsweetened almond milk, however, any milk ought to work!
- baking powder
- chocolate chips— I like utilizing Lily’s chocolate chips due to the fact that they’re low in sugar!
- optional garnishes: banana pieces, maple syrup, more chocolate chips, and so on
How to Make Banana Home Cheese Pancakes
Blend active ingredients— Location the oats, banana, home cheese, egg whites, almond milk, cinnamon, and baking powder in a mixer and mix till smooth. Stir in the chocolate chips.
Cook— Put the batter onto a preheated, greased knowledgeable and cook till the batter forms little bubbles throughout the top. It’s all set to turn when you can quickly get under the pancake with a spatula. Flip and cook for another 2-3 minutes or till the pancake is prepared.
Leading and serve— Leading with banana pieces, maple syrup, and any other garnishes you’d like and delight in!
Tips for Perfect Pancakes
- Re-grease the pan in between each batch of pancakes.
- Utilize a nonstick pan for simple turning.
- Do not utilize a greater heat and believe it will prepare the pancakes quicker … you’ll be entrusted to scorch yet raw cakes. Adhere to low-medium heat and practice persistence!
Keeping Leftover Pancakes
I enjoy making these home cheese pancakes for meal preparation, due to the fact that they save so well!
Fridge— Shop any remaining pancakes in an airtight container in the fridge for approximately one week.
Freezer— If you wish to save for longer than a week, I advise keeping it in the freezer! Shop in an airtight container or freezer bag and shop for approximately 3 months.
To reheat— No matter how you save them, the reheating procedure is essential! I like to warm them in my toaster, however, you might likewise utilize a conventional oven or the microwave if you’re brief on time. For the oven or toaster, heat on 300-350 ° F till pancakes are warm.
These healthy home cheese pancakes are made with banana, oats, home cheese, and egg whites. They’re loaded with protein and remarkably filling.
- 1 cup oats (rolled oats or quick-cooking oats will work)
- 1 banana
- 1/2 cup home cheese
- 1/4 cup egg whites
- 2— 3 Tablespoons almond milk
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- Toppings: banana pieces, maple syrup, more chocolate chips, and so on
- Blend: Location all active ingredients other than the chocolate chips into a mixer and mix till smooth. Stir in the chocolate chips and put batter onto a greased frying pan.
- Cook: Prepare till the batter begins to form little bubbles and you can quickly get under the pancake with a spatula. Turn pancake and cook for another 2-3 minutes or till pancake is prepared through.
- Include garnishes and delight in: Leading with banana pieces and maple syrup to serve.
- Classification: Breakfast
- Approach: Stovetop
- Food: American
- Serving Size: 3 pancakes
- Calories: 253
- Sugar: 5g
- Salt: 424 mg
- Fat: 8g
- Hydrogenated Fat: 4g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 27 g
- Fiber: 6g
- Protein: 13 g
- Cholesterol: 10 mg
Keywords: banana pancakes
Images by Ashley McLaughlin.
This post might consist of affiliate links. Thank you for your assistance.